There’s just something wondrously exciting about casino games like Blackjack! Devised a few hundred years ago, fast-paced, thrilling beyond measure, played by kings and queens, and stylish as sin, Blackjack triumphs them all with class and dash!
Online Blackjack gameplay is not very complicated, which is part of its appeal. For optimum success in this game of skill and experience, players must know the different strategies in existence and how these should be used. They must as well be cognizant with bet options like the side bet.
This is not always the case, especially for noobs in the online Blackjack world who might be inexperienced with side bets. So, to help you out, we have compiled a multitude of online Blackjack side bet options worth knowing about. But first, a detailed explanation of what side bets are all about is called for.
Siding with the Side Bet!
Blackjack side bets are perfectly ordinary. They refer to those bets that Blackjack players can make at the same time as they make the main bet.
The Side Bet option, when exercised does not depend on the main bet to win. As such, players can lose the main bet and still win the Side Bet. This is true for all side bets bar the Bet Behind. In this particular Side Bet option, players make bets on another player’s main hand.
Online Blackjack Side Bet Options
The main online Blackjack side bet options are as follows:
- 21+3 – This is actually among the most popular online Blackjack Side Bet options. This Side Bet relates to the initial 2 cards of the online Blackjack gambler as well as the face-up card of the dealer. Once this side bet option is exercised, a win happens for the player if a combo of these cards is a flush, straight, straight flush, suited trips or three-of-a-kind. Every winning hand in this Side Bet pays out at 9:1.
- Any Pair – This is very much similar to the Perfect Pair Side Bet. The difference is that any pair pays 25:1 for suited pairs and 8:1 for mixed pairs.
- Perfect Pairs – This is among the simplest bet types in online Blackjack. For a win, once the perfect pair Side Bet option has been exercised, all that is needed is for the first 2 cards of the player to be a pair. This pair can be a mixed pair like a club and diamond, a coloured pair like a heart and diamond, or a perfect pair like 2 diamonds. The coloured pair pays out at 10:1, the mixed pair pays out at 5;1, while the almighty perfect pair pays out at 30:1.
- Hot 3 – This is a relatively new side bet option that can be found in online Blackjack games like Infinite Blackjack. This type of side bet is based on either the total or a combo of the face-up card of the dealer and the players’ initial twin cards. In this side bet, a win is recorded if the card combo totals 19. The payout, in that case, is 1:1, with this reaching a max of 100:1 when there is a 7-7-7 combo.
- Bust It – Just like the above, Bust It is a recently invented Blackjack side bet option. Found in most live dealer casinos. This Side Bet involves players wagering that the dealer will go bust. The payout varies according to how many cards it takes for the dealer to go bust. Busting with just 3 cards results in an even payout while doing this with over 8 cards results in a payout of 250:1.
- Insurance – This Side Bet option can only be exercised when the dealer has an Ace as a face-up card. The Insurance bet is not really a side bet option and costs 1/2 of the stakes. The Insurance Bet serves to guard players against total loss and pays out 2:1 when the dealer manages to form a Blackjack hand. In most cases, the Insurance Side Bet is more trouble than it is worth.
- Bet Behind – This Side Bet option involves betting on the main hand of another player. The bet behind option can be exercised by both other players and spectators at the table waiting for a seat to free up.
And that’s all on online Blackjack Side bet options, folks!