Roulette game comes with different versions viz., European Roulette, American Roulette and French Roulette. While most of the rules and standards of the gameplay are similar, they do have some specific differences that divide them.
Basics of the French Roulette Game
Speaking of the Roulette wheel used in the game of French Roulette is of standard European wheel. This has 37 parts with numbers 1 to 36 marked in red and black colours alternatively and a single 0 that comes in green background.
The French Roulette table layout is different and somewhat unique but has the exact same numbers and colours as mentioned above. This game also has the house advantage which is of the lowest when compared to other Roulette versions. Thanks to the one extra rule in the game, the overall edge decreases to 1.35%.
Different Ways Players Get to Place Their Bets
The players get to place bets on a single number as well as a group of numbers. They can do this through two ways viz., inside bets and outside bets. Inside bets are essentially the bets placed inside of the Roulette table layout on a single number, adjoining numbers or on a small group of numbers. The outside bets, on the other hand, can be placed on bigger groups of numbers. With the different betting ways, the payout is also different.
Different Types of Inside Bets in French Roulette
There are five different types of Inside bets in the French Roulette game as given below.
- Straight-Up Bet: This bet is straight-up placed on a single number from the range of 0 to 36 and gives a payout of 35:1.
- Split Bet: This bet is placed on any two adjoining numbers by placing the coins on the line between them. This also includes the numbers 0 and 1, 0 and 2 and finally 0 and 3. The payout offered by this bet is 17:1.
- Street Bet: This bet is placed on the group of three numbers that come in a row on the roulette table. For waging on these numbers, players have to place their bet on the line at the end of the row. The payout offered by this bet is 11:1 and includes the number series 0, 1, 2 and 0, 2, 3.
- Corner Bet: This bet is meant for a group of four numbers. Players can place their bet on the corner or the point at which the four numbers meet. They offer a payout of 8:1.
- Line Bet: For a group of six numbers constituting of three numbers each on two rows. Line bet is placed on the border at the finish of the two rows. Payout obtained by this number is 5:1.
Different Types of Outside Bets in French Roulette
Outside bets also come in five different variations.
- Column Bet: The payout offered in this bet is 2:1 since the bet is placed on an entire column.
- Dozen Bet: This bet is meant for a group of 12 different numbers. For the number 1 to 12, “12P” or Premier Douzaine is marked, for the number 13 to 24, “12M” or Moyenne Douzaine and “12D” for 25 to 36 numbers also called Derniere Douzaine. Players can expect a payout of 2:1.
- Colour-based Bet: Bet can be placed on either all the red numbers or all the black ones and a payout of 1:1 is obtained.
- Bet based on Even/Odd numbers: For waging a bet on even numbers, players have to place the coins on the “Pair” box and for odd numbers “Impair” box. The payout is 1:1.
- Bet based on higher/lower numbers: For numbers 1 to 18 players have to bet by placing the coin in “Manque” box and for 19 to 36 numbers “Passe box”. The payout for this bet is also 1:1.